Frequently Asked Questions
What are Chakra’s?
Chakra points are key energy points throughout the body and they have a measurable and stronger input and output of energy and light compared to other areas of the body. The chakras absorb energy that comes from our emotions, thoughts and outside environment.
The word Chakra in Sanskrit translates to wheel or disc. They are like a spinning vortex of light and energy where you receive and transmit information.
Chakras are part of the subtle energy systems of the body, not the physical body, and as such, won't be found in any autopsy but are the important meeting points of the subtle energy channels called Nadi. Nadi are channels in the subtle body through which the life force (prana, chi, ki or qi) or vital energy flows.
Each Chakra is represented by a colour of the rainbow- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo & Violet and vibrates at a different frequency which corresponds to that colour and is associated with different glands, organs and areas of our lives.
These energy vortices feed into and contribute to the electromagnetic field (EMF) surrounding the body and are effected positively and negatively by emotions, healthy or unhealthy foods, alcohol, drugs and more.
If there is stress, frustration or any negative emotions, this will affect the chakras which will create chaos in the nervous system and dis-harmony and dis-ease in this field. Over a long period of time, if left untreated, this can lead to physical dis-ease and dis-harmony in different areas of your life.
Energy healing in all forms, including chakra balancing & crystal healing, can bring your electromagnetic field into restored coherence, harmony and increased ease.
There are 7 main chakras, talked about the most but according to the traditional writings there are 88,000 chakras in the human body covering basically every area in the body. Some are called minor chakras and can be found in the hands, feet, fingertips and shoulders. Others are called "minor minor" and are smaller than the minor or major chakras.
It has also been said that every cell of the body could be called a “chakra” as it transmits and receives energy, light and information constantly – as do chakras – So, that would make it about 50 trillion+ chakras!
So, what is the “energy” we are healing?
Your energy we are working on during a healing session is the vital energy, bio energy and/or electromagnetic field of the person.
In other traditional cultures this same energy that moves through, gives life to and animates all living things is named:
- chi or qi in Chinese culture,
- khí in Vietnamese culture,
- gi in Korean culture,
- ki in Japanese culture.
- prana in Hinduism and in Indian culture,
- chi in the Igbo religion,
- pneuma in ancient Greece,
- mana in Hawaiian culture,
- lüng in Tibetan Buddhism,
- manitou in the culture of the indigenous peoples of the Americas,
- ruah in Jewish culture,
- Vital energy in Western philosophy, as mentioned earlier.
Qi literally translates as "breath", "air", or "gas", and figuratively as "material energy", "life force", or "energy flow". Chi, Qi or Ki is the central underlying fundamental principle in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts.
We intuitively name this when we say “I have low energy today” or “I am full of energy!”
What is some science behind energetic healing?
Energy healing is now used in more than 800 hospitals and clinics throughout the United States and Reiki education is offered free of charge in many hopsitals throughout the U.S, as a means to accelerate the healing process and to alleviate pain.
An energy healer has been “attuned” by a teacher or master to be able to act as a conductor of high vibrational energy (Chi, qi, vital energy and so on, as mentioned above) and to channel it through to a recipient.
In the 1970’s scientific experiments conducted by Dr. William. A. Tiller found that when we measure the bio-electricity in their nervous system (voltage output) of a person, it has interestingly shown;
A person who is unwell or depressed - 5 -30 mvs (1, 1000th of a volt)
A person who is fine and well - 30 – 50 mvs
A person who is bursting with joy & vitality - up to 100 mvs
An energetic healer during a healing session - 100- 250 volts
(That’s 1000 - 2,500 times higher than a vibrant, healthy person!)
"For the last four hundred years, an unstated assumption of science is that human intention cannot affect what we call 'physical reality.' Our experimental research of the past decade shows that, for today's world and under the right conditions, this assumption is no longer correct. We humans are much more than we think we are and Psychoenergetic Science continues to expand the proof of it."
Dr. William. A. Tiller, founder of the Institute of Psychoenergetic Science
Some more, interesting scientific validation is, a research study from Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut indicates that Reiki;
- improved patient sleep by 86%
- reduced pain by 78%
- reduced nausea by 80%
- reduced anxiety during pregnancy by 94%
There is a huge body of scientific research and information demonstrating the effectiveness of energetic healing (sometimes called "Therapeutic touch") as a viable treatment for physical and emotional dis-ease.
One of hundreds of books that is fascinating, if you are interested to learn more, is “The Energy Healing Experiments” By Gary. E. Schwartz
What is an Electromagnetic field or bio-energy?
Every living organism, including humans, plants, animals and the planet itself has an electromagnetic field (EMF) and emits a bio-energetic output of biophotons (light).
In humans, the heart produces the strongest bio-electric output of the body compared to any other part of the body. 1,000’s of times stronger than that of the brain. This creates an energy field that encompasses the body and surrounds us in 360 degrees. It has been detected up to 10 meters around a person’s body!
This field receives and transmits information to and from other people (and any living organism.) For example;
- When you know you are being looked at even though you cannot yet see the person doing the looking
- When you think about someone and then they phone or text you at that moment
- When you know your loved one is upset as soon as they arrive home, before they have said anything or shown any tell-tale signs with body language- or are even 1000’s of miles away!
- When you have a gut feeling not to walk down a certain street or alley way for reasons you cannot explain
- When you feel up-lifted or elated around certain people’s company yet feel depleted around certain other people
These are all examples of receiving information from other people’s energy fields.
The quality of this field is directly affected by your positive and negative emotions (as well as electronic devices, wifi, poor diet and reduced health). It is also affected by the positive and negative emotions of those around you.
This field that energy healers and sensitive people have been able to feel since the dawn of time, is now measurable by mainstream medical equipment. The various techniques that have been used so far are;
- corona discharge photography (CDP)
- gas discharge visualization (GDV)
- electrophotonic imaging (EPI)
- Kirlianography or Kirlian Photography
I believe there are many more layers of subtle energy that are yet to be detectable by scientists and their technology but there is exciting progress so far.
This helps people in the western world to gain a deeper understanding, who are generally somewhat less aware of their energy systems of their body’s compared to those accustomed to Eastern medicine.
In Eastern medicine and philosophy the energy systems of the body are commonly accepted knowledge and are the primary focus in taking care of their health and maintaining daily, preventative health measures as well as treating major and chronic illnesses.
This knowledge and wisdom has been carried forward for thousands of years.
What are the benefits of energy healing?
The recipient benefits in better flow of vital energy which will help different people in different ways.
The benefits include (but are not limited to, as the benefits are limitless!);
- Accelerated physical healing from illness or injury
- Enhanced sense of peace and calm
- Enhanced level of contentment and confidence
- Enhanced intuitive ability and creative problem solving
- Improved sleep and energy levels
- Improved harmony and coherence in private and professional relationship’s
- Reduced stress, anxiety or depression
- Increased clarity of thought and ability to focus
- Improved immune, endocrine & nervous system function
- Enhanced fertility and more ease of conception
- Increased happiness
- Deep relaxation is experienced and decluttering of accumulated thoughts
- Which helps to reduce or even reverse the negative effects of stress
- Increased ability to attract your soul mate
- Increased ability to manifest deliberately
- Reduce confusion, discontent or heal a broken heart
It does this by releasing stored stress and emotions, causing blocked or stagnant energy which ultimately contributes to and causes illnesses and disharmony in the body, mind & spirit.
What can I expect in an energy healing session?
- Prior to your appointment I take some time to check in with your energy field and see what I can intuitively pick up on, as to what may be the current issue/s for you and how I can best be of service to you on the day.
- Each session commences with some dialogue where I share any impressions I received from your energy field so far plus any insights, messages or guidance from your energy, spirit guides, higher self, ascended masters and/or past over loved ones relevant to the healing on the day and your current situation.*NOTE: This is optional and if you do not feel comfortable with this component of the process, it can be left out at no detriment to the healing effects of the session.
- There is also an opportunity at this time for you to share any concerns, questions or things you are wanting to specifically treat or focus on in the session.
- Then, you can lay back and drift into a deep relaxation while I intuitively select on your behalf, the perfect combination of crystals, sound healing, essential oils, plus hands-on & hands-off healing techniques to bring you back into alignment.
- The customized session may involve energetic cord cutting, Chakra balancing, meridian clearing, healing for clarity and anxiousness, releasing energy blocks or limiting beliefs and much more
- At the close of the session, we debrief about the healing, share any extra insights I gained throughout the treatment and you are able to share your experience or any last questions
What do I wear to a healing session?
You can wear comfy clothes, no changing or undressing is required. Be prepared to remove your shoes. You will lay comfortably on your back during the treatment and bolsters and cushions are provided to ensure your comfort throughout.
What do I bring to a healing session?
Just yourself! Plus an open mind is helpful if this is new for you.
You can bring any of your favourite crystals or essential oils too, if you like.
What is Crystal Healing?
Crystals have been used to restore, balance and cure ailments since the dawn of time, including through ancient Egypt and other cultures. Lower vibrational energy is released and cleared through their use. By ridding ourselves of negative energies we assist our bodies in healing.
In addition to records showing the use of crystals in ancient Egypt, records also date back 5,000 years showing their use in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine practices as well.
The stones are placed on, under or near the "chakras" or energy centers of the body to strengthen the body by resolving ailments with various types of crystals which carry different rates of vibration that are in harmony with that energy point. Due to the varying mineral content available in each type of crystal, each one will provide its own unique vibration. Crystals can be used for healing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances
Crystal therapy is a non-invasive, relaxing, natural and enjoyable process. The treatment will offer you a chance to lie back, relax and get in touch with your body's subtle energies so you can leave feeling refreshed, restored and de-stressed - a perfect platform for improved physical health.
On a microscopic level a crystal is a network of repeating geometric patterns made up of compressed ions, atoms and molecules. Every crystal has its own unique electromagnetic charge. These charges, or 'healing vibrations' interact with the body's energy centres to remove 'blockages' and restore a healthy flow through the body and mind.
I also incorporate them into my daily meditations to enhance relaxation, insights and/or healing and I recommend you try it, too!
Tell me more about Crystal grid facials.
Crystal facial grids are a deeply relaxing, non-invasive, holistic and preventative health treatment to help both physical, emotional & spiritual ailments as well as complexion.
Crystals are capable of receiving, containing, transmuting, emanating information & energy. Therefore, they have the ability to filter out unwanted, negative or stagnant energy from in or around the human body.
Crystal grid facials transmit and infuse the energy field and physical body with more harmonious, coherent, balanced energies which are supportive to health, well-being and a beautiful complexion!
Placing the crystals in a geometric pattern, as opposed to using a single crystal, will strengthen the effects of each crystals used within the grid.
Placing the crystals in a geometric pattern, as opposed to using a single crystal, will strengthen the effects of each crystals used within the grid.
Crystal grid facials can be experienced as a stand-alone treatment or added into a traditional facial.
What style of meditation do you teach?
There are many types and all are beneficial in their own unique ways. Some of the more well-known forms are listed below.
The ones I currently include in classes and most one on one sessions are highlighted in purple.
- Guided meditation
- Transcendental Meditation
- Creative visualization
- Pranayama – Breathing techniques
- Chakra (healing/balancing/cleansing) Meditation
- Mantra meditation (repeating a sound or phrase)
- Zen or Zazen meditation (used by Japanese Zen Buddists)
- Vipassana Meditation
- Mindfulness – Formal & Informal
- Gazing Meditation (Trataka)
- Kriya Yoga – for those looking for the more spiritual aspects of meditation
- Contemplative meditation
- Self-enquiry - Self-Enquiry is the English translation for the Sanskrit term atma vichara. It means to “investigate” our true nature, to find the answer to the “Who am I?”(Eckhart Tolle employs this practice)
What preparation or after care is required for energy healing?
Prior to a session, I recommend being well hydrated. You must avoid alcohol or recreational drugs for a minimum of 24 hours prior to your session- 48 hours or more is even better.
Avoid heavy meals for approximately 2 hours prior to your session.
After your session, I recommend you to be conscientious with your hydration for 3 days+ as this helps the system to flush out what was released - physically & emotionally.
I suggest taking it easy for the remainder of your day, if possible and avoiding alcohol for at least 24 hours where possible.
I also suggest taking a bath after your session, with Epsom salts, Pink Himalayan salts or similar- or perhaps simply enjoy a salt body scrub. Add essential oils of your choice. Weather permitting, a swim in the ocean is also excellent after a healing session.
Any activity that will help you relax and feel nurtured and calm while you integrate the healing will only enhance the results of the session.
Contact Meagan at any time with any questions or concerns.