What is energy healing?
Your energy we are working on during an energetic healing session, is the vital energy, bio energy and electromagnetic field, as named in the western science and philosophy.
In other traditional cultures this same energy that moves through, gives life to and animates all living things is named:
- chi or qi in Chinese culture,
- khí in Vietnamese culture,
- gi in Korean culture,
- ki in Japanese culture.
- Maban in Aboriginal culture
- prana in Hinduism and in Indian culture,
- chi in the Igbo religion,
- pneuma in ancient Greece,
- mana in Hawaiian culture,
- lüng in Tibetan Buddhism,
- manitou in the culture of the indigenous peoples of the Americas,
- ruah in Jewish culture,
- Vital energy in Western philosophy, as mentioned earlier.
Qi literally translates as "breath", "air", or "gas", and figuratively as "material energy", "life force", or "energy flow". Qi is the central underlying fundamental principle in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts.
We intuitively name this when we say “My energy is really low today” or “I am full of energy!”
What is some science behind energetic healing?
Energy healing is now used in more than 200 hospitals and clinics throughout the United States and Reiki education is offered free of charge in more than 800 American Hospitals as a means to
accelerate the healing process and to alleviate pain.
An energy healer has been “attuned” by a teacher or master to be able to act as a conductor of high vibrational energy (Chi, qi, vital energy and so on, as mentioned above) and to channel it through to a recipient.
In the 1970’s scientific experiments conducted by Dr. William. A. Tiller found that when we measure the bio-electricity in the nervous system (voltage output) of a person, it has interestingly shown;
A person who is unwell or depressed - 5 -30 mvs (a mv is 1, 1000th of a volt)
A person who is fine and well - 30 – 50 mvs
A person who is bursting with joy & vitality - up to 100 mvs
An energetic healer during a healing session - 100- 250 volts
(That’s 1000 - 2,500 times higher than a vibrant, healthy person!)
"For the last four hundred years, an unstated assumption of science is that human intention cannot affect what we call 'physical reality.' Our experimental research of the past decade shows that, for today's world and under the right conditions, this assumption is no longer correct. We humans are much more than we think we are and Psychoenergetic Science continues to expand the proof of it."
Dr. William. A. Tiller, founder of the Institute of Psychoenergetic Science
There is a huge body of scientific research and information demonstrating the effectiveness of energetic healing as a viable treatment for physical and emotional dis-ease.
One book that is fascinating, if you are interested to learn more, is “The Energy Healing Experiments” By Gary. E. Schwartz
Some more, interesting scientific validation is, a research study at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut indicates that Reiki;
- improved patient sleep by 86%
- reduced pain by 78%
- reduced nausea by 80%
- reduced anxiety during pregnancy by 94%
What are the benefits of energy healing?
The benefits of energy healing are not limited and can help any individual in healing, balancing and restoring wellness on every level.
For some examples, my clients enjoy energy healing sessions to help them with anxiety, depression, physical pain, heart break, stress management, help with physical illness, fertility, enhance their intuition, to relieve feelings of stuck or lost and to maintain wellness, balance and for general maintenance of health and happiness.
Some benefits include (but are not limited to, as the benefits are limitless!);
- Accelerated physical healing from illness or injury
- Enhanced sense of peace and calm
- Enhanced level of contentment and confidence
- Enhanced intuitive ability and creative problem solving
- Improved sleep and energy levels
- Improved harmony and coherence in private and professional relationship’s
- Reduced stress, anxiety or depression
- Increased clarity of thought and ability to focus
- Improved immune, endocrine & nervous system function
- Enhanced fertility and more ease of conception
- Increased happiness
- Deep relaxation is experienced and decluttering of accumulated thoughts
- Which helps to reduce or even reverse the negative effects of stress
- Increased ability to attract your soul mate
- Increased ability to manifest deliberately
- Reduce confusion, discontent or heal a broken heart
It does this by releasing stored stress and emotions, causing blocked or stagnant energy which ultimately contributes to and causes illnesses and disharmony in the body, mind & spirit.
In Eastern medicine and philosophy the energy systems of the body are commonly accepted knowledge and are the primary focus in taking care of their health and maintaining daily, preventative health measures as well as treating major and chronic illnesses.
This knowledge and wisdom has been carried forward for thousands of years.
In the western world, it is generally lesser known and not as commonly considered in many peoples self-care regimes. I am hoping to help change this and have energy healing and balancing become more “main stream” in our society so everyone can feel more happy, healthy & whole, more of the time!!